Graduation Speech

Family, friends, and fellow graduates, welcome and thank you for coming here to celebrate this milestone in our lives. We're graduating 8th grade and moving on to high school. We're all happy and excited, but at the same time we're sad, anxious and nervous. We are sad because we are leaving Golf. For the past four years Golf has been like a second home to me. Going to new, much bigger school is hard and nerve wracking for even the most outgoing person. I remember when I first came to Golf from Chicago, I had the same feeling of nervousness and anxiousness. Walking into school on that first day of 5th grade in a totally different school with different people, I didn't know what to expect. There were all these thoughts floating through my head "Would I make friends?", "Would I fit in?" "Would I be an outcast?", but walking through those doors and into the classroom, I felt a huge weight being lifted off my shoulders. Everyone seemed so nice and welcoming. They didn't let me feel like a stranger. They made me feel like I belong. As these years have gone by, we have all become a stronger family. We all know each other. We make each other better people. We learn, make jokes, and sometimes even fight, but at the end of the day we're all still there for each other. I am grateful for all the teachers, office staff, bus drivers, and our principal. I am very grateful to have all of you in my life since all of you have made a big difference in my life. There will always be a special place in my heart for you guys and I hope that I can make this school proud and be successful later on in my life. I love and will miss this small school with all its quirks but now it's time for us to move on to high school.
Good luck Class of 2017

Comments

  1. The best of luck to you in high school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you love high school as much. I sure you will keep on learning, creating more jokes and hopefully witnessing more laughs than fights. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Quote

Cutest Blog Post Ever